Mazda3/Mazdaspeed3 General/Maintenance Discussion of the Mazda3 and MazdaSpeed3

Proud owner of a brand new Mazda3 S Touring.

Search this Thread

Old March-4th-2012, 05:24 PM
Ex.

Ex. is an unknown quantity at this point
2012 Mazda3 S Aftermarket

Hello all, this is my first post here. I just bought a Mazda3 S Touring about a week ago and I must say I absolutely love the car. This isn't my first Mazda though. I previously owned a Mazda i Sport 2004. I got rid of it because the previous owner didn't take good care of it and I was constantly dumping money into it, so I figured I'd rather dump money into something I know won't have random stuff go wrong at random times (had to replace transmission, starter, had to pay for removal of dog hair in the carpet, and was having MORE mechanical issues, so I decided to get rid of it). Anyway, now that I have something worth keeping, I wanted to do some aftermarket upgrades. Now I'm not trying to build a racing machine (I couldn't get a manual transmission, no where to be found apparently), but I do want to push it up to around 200hp and 190+ torque, just so I can beat the SIs and TSXs out there. I'm thinking about getting a cold air intake (K&N or AEM), catback exhaust (Borla or Magnaflow, preferably Borla), headers, MAYBE the flywheel, and maybe an ECU performance chip if I'm really hurting for gains. However, none of the aforementioned vendors have anything listed that is compatible with my car. However, I've done some research and it seems parts for the 2010 and 2011 Mazda3 might be compatible with the 2012 model. I wanted to see why you guys think.

Last edited by Ex.; March-4th-2012 at 06:22 PM.
Old March-19th-2012, 08:53 PM

Wifeys3 is an unknown quantity at this point
I wouldn't see why not im sure they didn't change much if anything at all under the hood