bad motor mounts?

Search this Thread

Old August-25th-2007, 10:31 AM

suzoom is on a distinguished road
bad motor mounts?

I own a 2005 mazda3s with 30,000 miles. I've been having vibration problems for some time now. It's been brought to my attention that some of you been having simliar problems. You found bad motor mounts. (! I LOVE THIS MAZDA3 CLUB!), I'm taking my car in on thursday. I wanted the dearlship to order the motor mounts prior to my arrival (due to the fact thats its a 2 hour drive one way!) and they said they won't before they check to make sure whats wrong with the car. Theres a recall out on the 2007s motor mounts. So isn't the motor mounts the same on all mazda3s?? And theres a avisory out on all motor mounts! SO WHATS THE PROBLEM? This will be my second trip to this dealership I'd like to get this fixed, (not patted on the head and have them say one more time this is a common problem on the mazdas, they have a lot of torqe.) SO please, my question is if you had your motor mounts repaced let me know the year of your car and what motor mounts you had changed. Cause i'm going to print it and take it with me when i see my so called friendly dearlership whos goal is to keep you happy with your mazda3. Its not the car, its the dearlership I'm not HAPPY with!!!! THANKS ALL!!
Old August-25th-2007, 06:53 PM

mastertech1 is on a distinguished road
Recall on mounts are only on speed3.I have found alot of mounts on front of engine(drivebelt side) that are broken,causing vibration on regular mazda3.If you stick your finger down on the rubber part of mount you can fell that it is broken.
Old August-27th-2007, 09:20 AM

Cool motor mounts faulty????

Thanks for your reply. I went out and checked the left side mounts and nothing is broken. however, I did see the second mount has come loose, as it looks like it shifted.(paint scatches around motor mount bolt and i can see the hole. not sure if I should mess with it or let the dealership check it out and maybe replace.) what eles do you think I should check? How many mounts are on this model? can't see ones on the right, wondering if maybe they are loose as well. great having somenoe who can help me figure this out BEFORE my warrenty runs out!!!
Old August-27th-2007, 08:20 PM

I have also seen the lower mount from the trans to the subframe vibrate.Rocks get stuck in behind the mount on subframe side.This will cause a major vibration through the car.That is about it.Glad to be some kind of help,Good Luck
Old August-28th-2007, 08:48 AM

Thumbs up sweetness!

Boy, it sure is sweet having you to shoot info at me!
This could be it! I live on a country road, so rocks are always flying!( I however, do not fly down these roads as mostly its a monster truck run!, and they sure use it as such!!!) I was told if your having howling sounds to check for dirty wheel bearing grease, and or dryness. Is that the case? Do you work on mazdas as a living? just wondering. thanks for all the info. it is greatly appreciated!!!
Old August-28th-2007, 09:05 PM

I have changed a few wheel bearings for noise.I am a mazda master tech.Work on them everyday.If you need anything let me know.
Old August-29th-2007, 07:56 AM

Cool

awesome!, do you drive one as well? so tell me, what eles have you repaired on these little rockets? anything I should watch out for? and where can I get an oil filter wrench at to change my own oil? thru the dealership? oh, so many questions! great having you to give me tech support!!! have you seen the yahoo custom autos site? my car is listed on the mazda site as running red. !thanks again for your help!

Old September-11th-2007, 06:55 PM

newspeed3 is on a distinguished road
There is a recall for the No.4 engine mount bolt and the No.4 engine mount rubber and bracket on the speed 3 but my service manager told me that a customer had a mount fail on a 3.Don`t take what Mazda tells you to be true though,when I found out about these mounts failing months ago,I called both my dealer and Mazda customer service and neither knew anything about it.I`ve just recently received my recall letter but my service dept. still doesn`t have the parts.I have had the car for a year by the way.
Old September-11th-2007, 09:47 PM

The parts for the mounts been out for a little while.Everyone always plays stupid when it comes to recalls.I work for a Mazda dealer and sometimes Mazda themselves do not tell us anything.
Old September-26th-2007, 09:49 AM

Cool

getting them to check for bad motor mounts is a hard thing to do here, when I mentioned a problem I was quickly corrected that it is only an issue with Mazda3 speed. & Not to worry its not a problem with my model. They found I had some out-of-run tires, which was causing the vibs. so now i have 4 new tires (thanks Michelin) but still having vibration at 54 mpr. not as bad though. more bad tires? who knows, plan to have my car put back on the rack and run her again to make sure their not more crappy tires!!!
need a class on TIRES 101!!!
Old November-6th-2008, 11:07 AM
Banned

donnie is on a distinguished road
my car was making a loud grinding noise coming from the passenger floorboard. at the mazda dealership they told me i had a bad cv joint. they replaced it. when i got the car back it was making the same noise,only when the car is moving and your on the gas. when i push the clutch in i cant hear it.to me it sounds like a bad tension pully sound. but its not that. any help? ive had it in the mazda service 5 times now and each time they say they fixed the problem but when i get in the car its still there.
Old March-1st-2010, 10:05 PM

Pdubbs52 is an unknown quantity at this point
Is there an after market mount to correct this problem...and if so how do I get it? Also how difficult is it to change the mounts out myself?
Old March-10th-2010, 07:58 PM

mazdaTechPro is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by donnie
my car was making a loud grinding noise coming from the passenger floorboard. at the mazda dealership they told me i had a bad cv joint. they replaced it. when i got the car back it was making the same noise,only when the car is moving and your on the gas. when i push the clutch in i cant hear it.to me it sounds like a bad tension pully sound. but its not that. any help? ive had it in the mazda service 5 times now and each time they say they fixed the problem but when i get in the car its still there.
i had exactly the same problem!! Solution is to replace engine mount No.3 (the one on the passenger side of the engine, right at the top) . I've done it myself. Took me around 15 min. Now my m3 is quiet as it was when i bought it brand new.

Last edited by mazdaTechPro; March-11th-2010 at 04:04 AM.
Old March-10th-2010, 11:36 PM

Pdubbs52 is an unknown quantity at this point
motor mounts

Is there an engine schematic anywhere to show how to get to the mounts...etc
Old March-11th-2010, 01:51 AM

mazdaTechPro is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Pdubbs52
Is there an engine schematic anywhere to show how to get to the mounts...etc
http://www.finishlineperformance.com...01-07-1823.pdf
this should help

Quick Reply: bad motor mounts?