Mazda3/Mazdaspeed3 General/Maintenance Discussion of the Mazda3 and MazdaSpeed3

Mishimoto's 2007-2013 Mazdaspeed3 Catch Can R&D Thread

Search this Thread

Old June-21st-2017, 03:29 PM

Mishimoto is an unknown quantity at this point
Mishimoto's 2007-2013 Mazdaspeed3 Catch Can R&D Thread

Hey Mazda3Club!

I'm Nick with Mishimoto, and I'm here today to let you know that I'll be your guide through our development for the development of our direct fit catch can kit for the speed3. We've already been busy and have one of our baffled cans running on a loaner vehicle, so look out for updates on our Engineering Blog for updates.

Until then, feel free to ask any questions, or let me know of any suggestions you might have!

-Nick
Old October-30th-2017, 12:18 PM

Mishimoto is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Guys,

I know it's been a while since we've had any info on this product, but that's all about to change!

I don't have to tell you guys that the MZR Turbo more or less laid the groundwork for what we now know as the Ford EcoBoost. Anyone familiar with either power plant knows that blow-by has always been an issue with these engines. Early direct-injected engines were prone to serious carbon buildup on the intake valves, as well as most of the top-end internals including the intercooler, which is only exacerbated by the known heat soaking issues the Speed3 is known for. Baking oil and other blow-by residue into your intercooler isn't exactly ideal when you want to keep the Speed in Mazdaspeed.

Mishimoto is on the case, though, and we are currently close to finishing up our direct-fit catch can kit for the Mazdaspeed 3, to keep your top-end free of harmful blow-by vapors. I'll be updating you guys very soon on the kit and the upcoming presale! Until then, make sure you check out the full write up on our Engineering Blog

Also, if you're in the Delaware/Philadelphia/Maryland area and have a Gen 2 Speed3 you're willing to loan us for a test fit, drop me a line!

-Nick