3rd Gen Protege/MazdaSpeed/P5/MP3 General/Maintenance Discussion for 1999-2003.5 Models Only (BJ Chassis)

sport shift fun factor

Old June-19th-2002, 08:44 PM
Protege Newbie

purewhitep5 is on a distinguished road
sport shift fun factor

the sport shift is crazy fun, to all those who dont want the inconvenience (no offense) of manual, the sport shift is quite fun, i suggest people who are curious give it a try, at first i was skeptical, but now that i have experienced it and own it, its really fun.
Old June-19th-2002, 10:45 PM
Protege Speed

jaisai01 is on a distinguished road
ya i drove one a month or so back and i liked it. no fun as driving a manual, but hey the convience of an auto with the semi-sorta fun of a manual
Old June-19th-2002, 10:52 PM
SHIFT_mystick

5SpeedP5 is on a distinguished road
Convienience???? WTF? i dont understand why some people find manuals such a burdon, hell i find that the manual is much more of a convienice than stupid autos (sorry if that offends anyone)..... but seriously you have very little control over your car in the auto.... and once you drive a manual for a month it isnt even work.... its fun! daily driving is fun as hell... even in heavy traffic id say id stick with my manual....

READ THE QUOTE BELOW! in my sig

AUTOS ARE FOR WUSSs, A REAL MAN DRIVES A STICK
Old June-19th-2002, 11:25 PM
I Can't Find My Pants

Kincaid is on a distinguished road
Don't **** on the guy man. Ease up.

So you enjoy a 5 speed. Good for you.

This guy likes the SportShift. Good for him.

And yes, convenience. Believe it or not, shifting to drive and using one foot to gas and brake is more convenient than also using right hand and left clutch foot to up and down shift. That's just a common fact of things. Auto is just plain simpler.

I agree with you on the 5 speed being more fun. BUT it is still all opinion. So just ease up please. I thought he had a good opinion here.
Old June-20th-2002, 12:08 AM
**Punani Lover**

onehawaiian is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by 5SpeedP5
...AUTOS ARE FOR WUSSs, A REAL MAN DRIVES A STICK
then i'm a fake man... with crazy toyz inside my auto p5!
Old June-20th-2002, 12:39 AM
No Boost? No Chance!

Travis is on a distinguished road
to each his own. Sticks are fun, and enjoy driving mine around, but sometimes wish I had an auto with the sport shift option. My friend has an Acura CL Type-S and even though its Auto, it doesnt lack any power, the sport shift on it rocks, and I couldn't see someone driving a 5 speed CL Type S, those are fun cruising cars.
Old June-20th-2002, 12:51 AM
SHIFT_mystick

well im still sticking by my comment, no offense to any of you guys, especially you onehawiian your car rules too much for it to matter.....

but ill always be the guy that thinks autos are gay..... thats all there is to it. i learned on a auto my first month of driving, and since then for the past two years almost ive only driven a stick..... its the only thing i will drive, while i have been car shopping i walk past any car with an auto... no matter what the dealer says, price, performance, i dont give a ****.... its a stick or nothing here

thats me, oh well
Old June-20th-2002, 01:03 AM
Likwidated

Makaveli is on a distinguished road
let's not get away from the topic, we had way too many stupid 'Auto vs 5 speed' threads, so let's not turn this one into one......

How's the speed shifter, like when does it shift, how does it work, etc. Explain please as I got no clue what it's all about. Is it smooth?
Old June-20th-2002, 07:00 PM
Protege Newbie

Little Donny is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by 5SpeedP5
AUTOS ARE FOR WUSSs, A REAL MAN DRIVES A STICK
I may get flamed for this but I like to think that Protege's are for WUSSs and real men drive RX-7's...

My P5 is the wife's (baby taxi)....
Old June-20th-2002, 07:07 PM
SHIFT_mystick

lol i see no problem with you saying that....

though it kinda does insult me, oh well.... its all good
Old June-20th-2002, 07:08 PM
Bruce Leroy

Pro_fan is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by Little Donny

I may get flamed for this but I like to think that Protege's are for WUSSs and real men drive RX-7's...

Flame on!

Old June-20th-2002, 11:12 PM

proman is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by Little Donny

I won't argue that
Old June-21st-2002, 01:50 PM
Protege Newbie

purewhitep5 is on a distinguished road
thanks for the flames

well if you knew my situtation then you would know why i had to cop a semi-auto. my wife doesnt want to drive stick, and she is half the decision, so thats all. whoever wants to flame me, it just says that you are ignorant, and dont give any mind to others position.

anyway, there is a lil thing next to the gauges that tells you which gear you are in. it doesnt shift for you, you have to do that, unless of course you come to a complete stop, it goes back down to 1. its real fun, it gives more control, and i like it.

plus, i need to be able to change the station or dvd on my pioneer 7in dvd/nav motorized screen. hahahaha.....

thats much more fun than drives a manual.

l8rz
Old June-21st-2002, 02:00 PM
Cripple Fight!!!!

ZoomZoomH is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by Travis
...I couldn't see someone driving a 5 speed CL Type S, those are fun cruising cars...
well, Acura is one step ahead of ya! for 2003 they're bringing out a CL Type S with a 6 speed manual, and from this review on Edmunds.com, looks like a good one!

http://www.edmunds.com/reviews/roadt...0/article.html
Old June-21st-2002, 02:04 PM
Get in my belly!!!

mito7878 is on a distinguished road
Re: thanks for the flames

Originally posted by purewhitep5
well if you knew my situtation then you would know why i had to cop a semi-auto. my wife doesnt want to drive stick, and she is half the decision, so thats all. whoever wants to flame me, it just says that you are ignorant, and dont give any mind to others position.

anyway, there is a lil thing next to the gauges that tells you which gear you are in. it doesnt shift for you, you have to do that, unless of course you come to a complete stop, it goes back down to 1. its real fun, it gives more control, and i like it.

plus, i need to be able to change the station or dvd on my pioneer 7in dvd/nav motorized screen. hahahaha.....

thats much more fun than drives a manual.

l8rz
Dont let them get under your skin. Although I like driving stick, If my wife didnt want to I would go with the auto myself. Ive driven one and they are not soo bad. At least its not a CVT. YUCK!!!