Mazda3/Mazdaspeed3 General/Maintenance Discussion of the Mazda3 and MazdaSpeed3

Mazda 3 2012 Speaker Wiring.

Search this Thread

Old April-4th-2012, 03:51 PM
Ex.

Ex. is an unknown quantity at this point
Mazda 3 2012 Speaker Wiring.

Hello all. I recently installed some component speakers in my front doors (was really fun, especially dealing with those plastic fasteners!). I noticed from the OEM wiring harness that goes in the stock 2-ways, it has four wires coming out of it. I was able to pinpoint the two wires for the speaker connection properly and get the polarity right. However, my mounting method is pretty jury rigged. I just stripped the ends of the wire, twisted them, and stuck'em inside the wiring harness connector, then secured it using electrical tape in a special way to make it more sturdy. But, the metal contacts inside the harness connector must be wired to all four wires. It appears that two of the four wires are routed to the sail panels and are meant for OEM tweeters. I have a sneaking suspicion this is affecting my SQ by messing with the highs and mids. I'm going to be doing a proper wiring job tonight (either solder or butt connector), but wanted to see what you guys think. I just feel that the speakers I bought should be performing better than what they are (Mids are barely audible, sounds distorted) and although I'm getting an amp in two weeks, and a new head unit in May, I think there's more I can do on my own first.
Old April-4th-2012, 08:42 PM

Wolfgang5884 is an unknown quantity at this point
Give Crutchfield a call, they may have a speaker wire connecter that converts to a regular positive and negative wire. Like this, http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1207101...Harnesses.html