2019 Mazda3 5-Door Rear Wiper Replacement

Search this Thread

Old January-25th-2020, 08:18 PM

wpreeder is an unknown quantity at this point
2019 Mazda3 5-Door Rear Wiper Replacement

I am stumped and hoping someone here knows the trick. I have a 2019 Mazda3 5-door and would like to replace the REAR wiper blade rubber. Everything I have found online talks about removing the plastic cover at the base and then removing a stopper so that you can raise the arm. The pictures show the stopper coming straight out. But HOW? There is nowhere to grab it. There must be a trick. Without removing that stopper I cannot raise the arm far enough to rotate the blade housing enough to remove it so that the rubber part can be replaced.

Thanks
Old January-2nd-2021, 01:08 PM

Plannett is an unknown quantity at this point
How did you remove the stopper? I am trying to replace the rear wiper on my girlfriend's car and after looking at it twice, I haven't figured out how to remove the stopper.
Old January-2nd-2021, 01:13 PM

wpreeder is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Plannett
How did you remove the stopper? I am trying to replace the rear wiper on my girlfriend's car and after looking at it twice, I haven't figured out how to remove the stopper.
Sadly, I never did get it out. Still have the original rubber wiper blade.
Old January-2nd-2021, 01:29 PM

Plannett is an unknown quantity at this point
When I figure it out, I'll do my best to remember to come back here and repost.
btw, thanks for the quick response! Your response post gave me the best saddest laugh of a long time.
Old March-7th-2021, 12:04 PM

TelefunkenU47 is an unknown quantity at this point
solved

I joined this site just to respond to this question. I have the same car and this is how I got things sorted. Take a 10mm socket and remove the entire rear wiper arm. At this point, you can just replace the wiper and put the arm back on and call it a day. However, the next time you need to change it, you'll have to go through the same dopey process.

To actually remove the stopper, all you need to do is take a flat head screwdriver and insert it on the stopper from behind and give it a few taps with a hammer. The stopper will pop out and there you go. FYI, I see no ill effects in not replacing the stopper. In fact, I only see good if you, like I, live somewhere that gets ice and snow so you can lift the wiper blade from the glass and leave it up while the car is parked. Still, it may be a good idea to hang onto it, just in case.