Mazda3Club.com  

Go Back   Mazda3Club.com > General Discussion > Mazda3/Mazdaspeed3
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos FAQ Members Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Used CarsVendor Directory
Welcome to Mazda3Club.com

Mazda3/Mazdaspeed3 General/Maintenance Discussion of the Mazda3 and MazdaSpeed3

Old October-14th-2008, 02:40 PM   #1
at7driver

at7driver is an unknown quantity at this point
2004 Mazda3 rear brake rattle

Hi all,

I have a 2004 mazda 3 and noticed a rythmic rattle from the right rear wheel area. I did a search but came up with only squealing noises etc.. I believe it is a retaining clip that holds the pad in firm to the caliper. Just wondering if any others have had similar issues.

The PO had tire kingdom install new rotors and pads about two months prior to my getting the car. I have only had it a couple of months so I dont think the rotor is warped. any info would be appreciated.

thanks,
david
at7driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October-15th-2008, 08:00 AM   #2
icspots

icspots is on a distinguished road
It's most likely that the pads installed lacked the retention clip that snaps onto the piston in the caliper. I know there were some problems for a while with aftermarket pads not having that clip. Assuming that's the problem then just grab a new set of pads and you'll be set.

If you have the tools/space to work you just need to remove a wheel, and then there are two allen bolts (7mm I think) to remove the caliper from the mounting bracket and then you'll have access to the pad on the piston.
icspots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October-15th-2008, 10:30 AM   #3
at7driver

at7driver is an unknown quantity at this point
rear brake

Thanks,

I checked it last night. The outside pad has a small clip of sorts that is between the pad and the caliper, I re-seated that clip. the inside pad had two small buttons that sat down in the piston, they are very small only about 1/16th in depth. That seems to have corrected the problem.. I am going to set aside some money this month to get some quality brake hardware on there.

thanks again,

david
at7driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October-15th-2008, 10:30 AM
Mazda3Club
Mazda3

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2004, 2007, brake, marks, mazda, mazda3, noise, problem, rattle, rattling, rear, remove, rotor, rotors, timing