Forced Induction/Nitrous Technical discussions for all power adders - turbos, superchargers, NOS

ZEX System/NOS is it safe???

Old May-1st-2008, 04:22 PM

lv2speedmy3 is on a distinguished road
ZEX System/NOS is it safe???

Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice on NOS... I'm thinking of adding the ZEX system or a kit with a 50-75 shot. I'm new to engine mod's so I'm a little lost. I really have not been able to find out much info on the subject for a 4cyl. Some of the "Car" guy's at work are telling me that a 50-75 shot would be a safe. I spoke with someone that has done this on two Honda's, he said it's awsome power and safe for the motor to handle for that size shot. That same person told me that the computer with the ZEX system is prone to fail and could kill the engine. Any info on this subject would be great... safety, engine mod's that would be needed if any, etc... I recall someone on this fourm saying the 2.3l has forged insides? Any way thank you for any help you can give...

Last edited by lv2speedmy3; May-1st-2008 at 10:19 PM.
Old May-6th-2008, 02:20 PM

Well, so far I have 24 veiws and no post... Though group! I found a local speed shop to do the install. They gave me a price on a 50shot system w/ 10lb bottle installed w/a full throttle switch for 850$. Any thoughts?
Old May-7th-2008, 11:15 AM
DEm

DEm is on a distinguished road
DRY shot is susceptible to back fires due a poor gas mixture...oh yeah this will fry your engine, WET shots are safer... 50hp its ok, 75hp its still ok... 100hp I have my doubts with stock internals anyone can verify this?
Old May-7th-2008, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by DEm
DRY shot is susceptible to back fires due a poor gas mixture...oh yeah this will fry your engine, WET shots are safer... 50hp its ok, 75hp its still ok... 100hp I have my doubts with stock internals anyone can verify this?
I'm only looking at a wet 50 shot, possibly 2-3 stage. Not sure if I will go with a full throttle floor switch or a window switch set around 3500 thru 6000 rpm. I
Old May-7th-2008, 11:58 AM
DEm

DEm is on a distinguished road
ill go with the floor switch and a switch to active it
Old May-31st-2008, 12:18 AM

Dingo is on a distinguished road
My ZEX wet nitrous system with 75hp jets has run totally safe, though I don't drag it at every light or engage it (when armed with a switch) via a throttle controlled system. From ZEX's homepage, they print out which jets you can install until you have to start modfiying stock engine components. 75hp jets are the biggest to go with a stock Mazda 3 before the fuel pump and injectors must be replaced. I've had no problems at all. Highly recommend it for an "on demand" supercharger.
Old June-23rd-2008, 01:17 AM
Banned

baadman28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Support !!!

Very good!!! Support !wow gold烘干机澳洲留学wow goldwow gold
Old June-23rd-2008, 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by lv2speedmy3
Well, so far I have 24 veiws and no post... Though group! I found a local speed shop to do the install. They gave me a price on a 50shot system w/ 10lb bottle installed w/a full throttle switch for 850$. Any thoughts?
50hp jets are a safe place to start with, and the 75/100 and higher jets are relatively cheap; just make sure you work with a nitrous expert who uses ZEX's charts that detail which jets will work on which make and model car with a stock motor and which will require what type of upgrades. Frankly, I could see going as high as 100hp, but since I built my M3s as a track car/mountain car and not a 1/4 mile car, I see no reason to go higher than 75hp, which also shortens the life of your bottle between fill ups.
Old July-1st-2008, 11:23 AM

Thank's for the info... How long have you had the system on your car?
Old July-2nd-2008, 02:37 AM

lv2: if your question was directed at me, the answer is about five months with the ZEX wet system and 75hp jets. I don't arm it unless I need it. In other words, it's like an on demand super-turbo charger when my modified 2.3l engine hits that "I'm out of Zoom Zoom" at about 40-60mph and a Corvette is pushing me or I need to get around and out of the way of a truck. I already had it set up so I can drive the curvy roads with most higher end sports cars (conquests: Mustang GT, Corvette, and even a Lotus*) - when I say conquest I don't mean I left them in the dust, for me it means on a canyon or other curvy road they could not shake me and leave me in the dust.

The ZEX nitrous now helps me when some of those uber HP cars get lucky and hit a long straight away. Now, I can keep up with them, or at least close enough until the curvys start.

*Disclaimer: the Lotus owner must not have known how to drive his car, even though he was trying, because I have driven a Lotus and that's one car that should have dusted me on the curvy's. However, as you may know, a lot of the people that have the money to shell out for the exotics have no idea or experience in driving them close to their capabilities.