Exterior/Interior/Audio Discussion for Exterior/Interior Modifications. Sound systems, body kits, etc.

HID Installation Question

Search this Thread

Old June-9th-2007, 11:47 AM

Kidjai is on a distinguished road
HID Installation Question

Hi Everyone,
I just ordered a set of HID Kit off of ebay yesturday and was a little concern about the installation of it. I heard some people had to drill holes into their headlight housing to run the wires through (other cars). Did anyone had to do this for the mazda 3 or is it a perfect fit and no modification need it? Thank you in advanced.
Old June-10th-2007, 10:06 AM
Clean-Up Crew

eggynatey is on a distinguished road
Whever drilled their headlight housings is a bonehead. Just use the hole/rubber grommet that the factory wires went through.
Old June-11th-2007, 03:10 AM

LOL, yeah I was questioning why he did that. I think he had some old school car where he had to modify it some special way. It wasn't a bad drill or anything, everything looked professional, but I guess he had to do that to mount it correctly. I'm pretty sure it's as easy as it seem, but I like to find out as much as I can before I go digging into my car;
Old June-11th-2007, 05:07 AM

J-Protege is on a distinguished road
It's pretty much one step up in difficulty as just changing the halogen bulbs. Shouldn't give you any problems, unless you touch the bulbs, haha.
Old June-11th-2007, 08:27 PM

Okay, I'm stuck! LOL. Well I just got my HID lights today and the look great, but I'm having trouble with it. I'm able to replace the bulbs, but it is loose. The retention clip isn't holding it tight. I can still drive around with it, but I know that the bulbs are probably moving up and down when I hit a bump. I think I need some type of spacers for it, but not sure where to get it. I'm going to take out the headlight and see if I can bend the retention clip a little to give it a stronger hold since I don't have a spacer. Someone on here said thats what they did and it works great. My question is; Do I have to take bumper off to get to headlight? Sorry about the long story. Think I might just kick the damn bumper off instead.

Thanx Guys for all the advice
Old June-11th-2007, 11:28 PM

Well after smoking a lot of cigaretts, I finally decided to take off the front bumper. It wasn't to bad. took only about 30min to take it off and adjust the brackets to give the bulb a tight fight. Everything seem aligned right and I was impressed. The only thing I'm concern about is if this light is street legal. I don't want to be mistaken as a racer when I come down the road; so I'll probably end up switching to something a little more along the whiter side. I have the blue (10,000k) if someone was wondering. (Cops here are *** holes to street racer's and I don't want to be pulled over). Thank you to all who helped out along this struggle and if anyone need any advice; feel free to ask.