Exterior/Interior/Audio Discussion for Exterior/Interior Modifications. Sound systems, body kits, etc.

Miata/MP3 steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old February-24th-2006, 03:49 PM
Forum ghost

chiefmg is on a distinguished road
Miata/MP3 steering wheel

A while back I bought a MP3 steering wheel, when I got home I found the silver section was a little discolored. I have been researching leather dyes in order to repair it, was at the junkyard the other day and scored a leather Nardi Miata wheel cheap (as a temp solution until I could dye the MP3 unit). Anyway when I went to put the Miata wheel on I found it did not have any means for attaching my cruise control switches. Has anyone performed this swap on a car with cruise? If so what was your solution? If I can't get a good fix then I will have to sell a couple of wheels.
Old February-24th-2006, 04:31 PM

zerocover is on a distinguished road
Sell one to me!!
Is the miata wheel a direct fit?

Heres what you gotta do.
http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...ht=nardi+wheel

Its pretty elaborite but its the only way. Alternativly a 99-00 stalk might work if you have the hole for it. We have an extra stalk that the cruise is on.
Old February-24th-2006, 04:52 PM
Forum ghost

chiefmg is on a distinguished road
Thanks man. I was hoping to avoid that sort of fabrication effort (I have to do enough of that sort of thing for work). Guess I have to decide which wheel I want to work with.

Yes, the Miata wheel is a direct fit for the later model Pro (three spoke) wheel. If you do not have cruise then all you have to do is swap them. The one I got does not have the Nardi emblem on the bottom spoke (like the MP3 wheel does) but it is marked ND on the metal under the airbag. It did say Nardi on the airbag cover, but the car I got it from hit something pretty hard on the right front (enough to shear off the right front suspension) so the airbag had deployed. The leather is in pretty good shape, and it is, well, leather!