Mazda3Club.com  

Go Back   Mazda3Club.com > General Discussion > 3rd Gen Protege/MazdaSpeed/P5/MP3
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos FAQ Members Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Used CarsVendors TSB & Recalls
Welcome to Mazda3Club.com

3rd Gen Protege/MazdaSpeed/P5/MP3 General/Maintenance Discussion for 1999-2003.5 Models Only (BJ Chassis)

Old May-9th-2003, 06:05 PM   #1
neerajg

neerajg is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to neerajg
O2 sensor signal wire....

i'm installing an Air/Fuel guage and i was wondering if any of you guys know which one is the signal wire i tap into. I did a search and came up with squat. i have a 1.6L 3rd gen. well thanks in advance!
Injen CAI, Bosal Cat-less Exhaust, Mazda Speed Struts, Eibach Sportsline Springs 1.8in Drop, Custom Sway Bar End-Links, Corksport Strut Tower Bar, 17in motege mr7 Rims w/Nitto NT450 Tires, Tenzo-R Racing Seats, Custom Wetokle Rear Seat Cover, Autometer Full A-Pillar, Autometer C2 Air/Fuel and Voltage guages, reverse indiglo guages, Kenwood Head Unit, Kenwood EQ, Kenwood Copmonents 2 Kenwood 600 Watt Amps 2 10in Kenwood Subs In Custom Enclosure, Kenwood 6x9 rear Speakers, 2 Fosgate 1 Farad Caps, Optima Red Top Battery, Custom Ground Wires, Viper Alarm w/remote start and pager, AWR Motor Mounts, Willwood Big Brake kit,clear corners, altezza taillights, 35% tints
neerajg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May-10th-2003, 01:42 PM   #2
Tom Slick

Tom Slick is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Tom Slick
what colors of wires do you have on your o2 sensor?
Old May-11th-2003, 02:57 AM   #3
neerajg

from the sensor to the harness there is a white, blue and it looks like two black ones, then from out of the harness the white one turns yellow, one black one becomes blue and black, the blue one becomes pink and orange, and the other black one stays black
Injen CAI, Bosal Cat-less Exhaust, Mazda Speed Struts, Eibach Sportsline Springs 1.8in Drop, Custom Sway Bar End-Links, Corksport Strut Tower Bar, 17in motege mr7 Rims w/Nitto NT450 Tires, Tenzo-R Racing Seats, Custom Wetokle Rear Seat Cover, Autometer Full A-Pillar, Autometer C2 Air/Fuel and Voltage guages, reverse indiglo guages, Kenwood Head Unit, Kenwood EQ, Kenwood Copmonents 2 Kenwood 600 Watt Amps 2 10in Kenwood Subs In Custom Enclosure, Kenwood 6x9 rear Speakers, 2 Fosgate 1 Farad Caps, Optima Red Top Battery, Custom Ground Wires, Viper Alarm w/remote start and pager, AWR Motor Mounts, Willwood Big Brake kit,clear corners, altezza taillights, 35% tints
Old May-11th-2003, 01:27 PM   #4
neerajg

thanks though, at least i know which is which
Old May-11th-2003, 01:31 PM   #5
Tom Slick

with the engine running check the wires with a voltmeter. 2 of the wires will be ground, one of the wires will be higher voltage, probably 12v, the other wire will be very low voltage 0-1v. the 0-1v wire is the wire you need to hook the guage too.

my guess is that it is one of the white or blue wire. if one of them is thinner or if one has shielding around it that will be your sensing wire.
Old May-11th-2003, 11:25 PM   #6
neerajg

dont mean to sound dumb, but how does the shielding look like? I hooked up my wire to the blue one on my sensor and when i started the car it immediately cut off, does that make sense?
Old May-12th-2003, 12:00 PM   #7
Tom Slick

sheilded wire will have a metal foil or a wire mesh surrounding it. it is probably only sheilded in the harness not at the sensor.

do you own a multimeter? if you don't i suggest you buy one. you are messing with sensitive electronics that will cost you $$$ if you screw them up.

you could try connecting the guage into the other colored wire and see if it reads anything. if the guage pegs then you are on the heater wire.
Old May-12th-2003, 12:00 PM
Mazda3Club
Mazda3

Paid Advertisement

Tags
03, color, mazda, mazdaspeed, o2, oxygen, senser, sensor, signal, speed, wire, wiring