1st Gen Protege/323/GLC General/Maintenance Discussion for 1990-1994 Models (BG Chassis) and 1981-1989 GLC/323 Models (BD and BF chassis)

car wont start

Search this Thread

Old March-2nd-2003, 03:36 PM
Protege Enthusiast

MazdaspeedDX is on a distinguished road
car wont start

my car wont start!

i can turn it over and it will turn like its getting power, but it will not start. sometimes the engine will go a little like its about to start, but it does not.

i just washed it yesterday and its been kinda rainy today, could it be a moisture problem? it ran fine yesterday.

thanks
Old March-2nd-2003, 08:48 PM
Protege Newbie

ucfswimmer is on a distinguished road
did you try taking off the spark plug wires and spark plugs, if you got water in where the spark plugs are or in the distributor then im pretty sure it would cause the problem you are describing, however usually water evaporates after a couple of hours, so i dont have a real good idea why it would still be doing that.

~jeff~
Old March-2nd-2003, 09:36 PM
Protege crazy

semtex is on a distinguished road
Re: car wont start

Originally posted by MazdaspeedDX
my car wont start!

i can turn it over and it will turn like its getting power, but it will not start. sometimes the engine will go a little like its about to start, but it does not.

i just washed it yesterday and its been kinda rainy today, could it be a moisture problem? it ran fine yesterday.

thanks
did you wash the engine bay? were you driving in the rain? even if you drove in the rain i cannot see why it would cause it to not start,

i suggest looking for water in your electrical areas then test to see if you fuel pump is in working order pull of the gas line before the engine (underneeth the driver door i think there is a joint not sure tho) and get some one to crank it over to see if it pumps gas out

as for the electrical connections you should be able to get a silicon that conducts electricity while blocking water, i have some but cant find it lol

best of luck in finding your problem
Old March-3rd-2003, 03:44 PM
Representing Europe

MazdaMadness is on a distinguished road
Re: car wont start

Originally posted by MazdaspeedDX
my car wont start!

thanks

damn! had that problem! that was the dummest thing i ever did! i took a garden hose and started splashing all over the engine. next day my mom went to the grocery store and didnt make it home. car stopped 1 mile avay from the house on the hill. same thing, getting power, but wont start. after 30 min of torturing she started and worked at 200 rpms, i touched, but really touched the throttle and she turned off. somehow i started her again, constant explosinos form the exhaust, makes more noise then magnum .44 after an hour i was home, she turned off in my backyard. i checked every spark plug and every cable and they worked, somehow water came into the engine. she was idling in neutral since 10 am to 3 pm and got "dry". the irony is that engine wanst any cleaner and i felt really bad about it. the message is: DONT WASH YOUR ENGINE ALONE IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO DO IT!!!