Exterior/Interior/Audio Discussion for Exterior/Interior Modifications. Sound systems, body kits, etc.

Stock protege alarm

Search this Thread

Old February-3rd-2003, 10:30 PM
Protege Newbie

customs222 is on a distinguished road
Stock protege alarm

I've got a 2002 LX protege with the stock perimeter alarm and I'd like to disconnect it. I'd like to either disconnect the entire alarm or just disconnect the alarm fron the horn, the second being the better choice. I can access the wires where the lead to a kill switch that is tucked up under the floor pedals. Do I just disconnect the wires to disable the enitre alarm system?? How do I just disconnect the alarm from the horn without disabling the blinking LED light for the alarm? The remote entry will still work with the alarm disconnected right, I don't see why it shouldn't right? Thanks
Old February-4th-2003, 11:54 AM
Hu Flung Pu

LOS-323 is on a distinguished road
Re: Stock protege alarm

Originally posted by customs222
I've got a 2002 LX protege with the stock perimeter alarm and I'd like to disconnect it. I'd like to either disconnect the entire alarm or just disconnect the alarm fron the horn, the second being the better choice. I can access the wires where the lead to a kill switch that is tucked up under the floor pedals. Do I just disconnect the wires to disable the enitre alarm system?? How do I just disconnect the alarm from the horn without disabling the blinking LED light for the alarm? The remote entry will still work with the alarm disconnected right, I don't see why it shouldn't right? Thanks

Now all we´re missing is your licence plate number, and your location, and we can help ourselves to a new car.

Why on earth would you want to disable your alarm?
Old February-7th-2003, 03:47 PM
Protege Newbie

krotine is on a distinguished road
If you just want a blinking light, get a varad led scanner.