Exterior/Interior/Audio Discussion for Exterior/Interior Modifications. Sound systems, body kits, etc.

Can you guys help me with replacing the foglamp housings on my '04 S?

Search this Thread

Old October-25th-2014, 12:03 PM

Bobzda3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Can you guys help me with replacing the foglamp housings on my '04 S?

Over the last couple of years the driver's side fog lamp housing has gotten water in it and gradually corroded and the bulb burnt out. I got some new oem-style housings from the aftermarket and am wondering how to swap in the new ones. The bulbs are easy, but I'm not seeing how the housings are attached. Do they snap in or are there some sort of fasteners on them that I can't see from underneath? My bottom engine bay cover is long gone so I have pretty easy access to the underside of the front bumper. Thanks for any help you can give me. It's a beautiful day and I'd like to get them replaced this weekend for sure.
Old October-25th-2014, 03:50 PM

Bobzda3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Okay I went out and took a closer look at how the foglamp surrounds are attached to the car. I used a light this time and could actually see what I was working on! They are held in place by way of four tapered clips that are molded as part of the bumper cover. In order to remove the old housing/surround there are two small screws on top of the light opening and a larger screw on the bottom that screws into the bottom edge of the bumper. Then gently bend the clipsaway from the fog light and work it out of the opening. To install the new ones, reverse the process, gently pressing the light into the opening and allowing the clips to snap in place. Put the screws back in and reattach the wire connector and you're basically finished. There is also a bolt that goes through a slotted opening on the bottom of the light housing itself and allows you to aim the beam of the light. I'll have to wait until dark to adjust them but they look great and I also added long beam bulbs so hopefully they should prove useful. Thanks for looking and I hope this helps someone who is in a similar situation!