Exterior/Interior/Audio Discussion for Exterior/Interior Modifications. Sound systems, body kits, etc.

2007 Stock Radio Issues/Help

Search this Thread

Old May-16th-2014, 02:47 PM

usarmy11c is an unknown quantity at this point
2007 Stock Radio Issues/Help

I am having problems with my 2007 Mazda3 audio system. I get no sound from any of the speakers whatsoever. Radio turns on and lights up, does the beeping but I get no sound at all. The radio, speakers and everything are all stock I haven't messed with any of it. I tested all the fuses with a multimeter. (Tested EVERY fuse under passenger side and tested the radio and audio one under the hood. All good to go)

What had happened when it about the time it stopped working was I was driving and then noticed my audio cable that hooks to the AUX plug and my phone was hanging out the door and dragging on the road. I was listening to a CD at the time and worked fine. I pulled the cord in and unplugged it. The next time I started the car I wouldn't get any sound. I've been told that the cord may have been a coincidence.

I don't believe I have the Bose amp. I looked under the seats and unless it is hiding under the carpet or very small I don't have that to check it. I did pull off one of the speakers and tested it and it worked. Pulled the stock deck and made sure everything was still attached and hasn't come lose.

I am at an absolute loss of what to do or look for. I don't have very much experience when it comes to the audio system. Any help would be appreciated in what I could look for or do. I can provide more information if needed or any pictures. I'm not opposed to replacing the deck if that will fix the problem, but I haven't done so yet because I didn't want to spend the money if that wasn't the issue. Thanks!

Last edited by usarmy11c; May-16th-2014 at 02:55 PM.
Old August-10th-2014, 03:02 AM

longhauler is an unknown quantity at this point
IC amplifier could be fried... Have a technician diagnose it or if you have a multi-meter you can check it by your self.
Old August-10th-2014, 06:26 AM

usarmy11c is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by longhauler
IC amplifier could be fried... Have a technician diagnose it or if you have a multi-meter you can check it by your self.
I have a multimeter but what is an IC amplifier? Tried googling it and only got results back for Bose amps and other after market amps.

Thanks for the reply also