Mazda3/Mazdaspeed3 General/Maintenance Discussion of the Mazda3 and MazdaSpeed3

2006 Mazda 3 Suddenly Losses Engine Power While Driving

Search this Thread

Old October-22nd-2014, 11:05 PM

KingSum is an unknown quantity at this point
Question 2006 Mazda 3 Suddenly Losses Engine Power While Driving

Hi Guys

Firstly, it certainly feels good to be part of a forum of Mazda enthusiasts. This is my first post, and if Im posting this in the wrong thread, do forgive me.

Yesterday an issue suddenly cropped up with my 2006 Mazda 3. I was driving home when suddenly, I heard 2 beeps (the same beep you hear when your key is in the ignition and your door is open) and my vehicle suddenly lost engine power. Pressing the gas pedal was not resulting in the desired forward motion. At the same time the Check Engine Light, the Engine Oil Light and the Battery Light lit up on the dash. My steering wheel also hardened abit. At first I though the battery terminal got disconnected , but my headlights, AC and radio were still on. I pulled over to the road side and switched off the engine.

I started it up again and everything seemed perfectly fine and back to normal, so I drove on. 2 minutes later, the same beep came back and my engine lost power again. I pumped the gas pedal twice, and after a slight shudder, the engine power was back and the beeps stopped. After another minute or 2, the beeping started again, the Check Engine Light, the Engine Oil Light and the Battery Light lit up again and engine lost power and pumping the gas pedal didnt help, so I pulled over. I switched of the engine, started it up again and everything was back to normal once again and I was able to reach home without any other "incidents".

This morning I took the car for a drive to see of the problem was there but nothing, Drove perfectly fine without any issue. Now Im worried, since this can happen at anytime and I have no idea whats causing it and how I can get it fixed. One of my friends, whose quite good with cars told me it was either the fuel filter being clogged or packets of water in the fuel tank.

Any ideas guys? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old December-31st-2014, 03:09 AM

ljhill40 is an unknown quantity at this point
This has happened to our car twice in 6 months tho we saw six or seven dashboard lights. First time they replaced oil switches and re-programmed pcm. Last time, which was four days ago, they replaced ABS system. They initially told me it was not under warranty then called back ten minutes later and agreed to replace for free. Something just doesn't sound right.
Old December-31st-2014, 07:04 PM

KingSum is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Issue Resolved

My issue got resolved. A good friend of mine who is the best car person I know looked at my car and said it was an issue either with water droplets in the fuel line or a clogged fuel filter issue. Most probably it was the water droplets since it has not happened again after that day. I did fuel up at this dodgy little fuel station so now I steer clear of them. Im not sure if yours is the same thing but might be worth a try looking at the fuel supply system.
Old February-25th-2021, 06:38 PM

Shane2787 is an unknown quantity at this point
Did you fix the problem and Can you share how you resolve the issue

Originally Posted by kingsum
hi guys

firstly, it certainly feels good to be part of a forum of mazda enthusiasts. This is my first post, and if im posting this in the wrong thread, do forgive me.

Yesterday an issue suddenly cropped up with my 2006 mazda 3. I was driving home when suddenly, i heard 2 beeps (the same beep you hear when your key is in the ignition and your door is open) and my vehicle suddenly lost engine power. Pressing the gas pedal was not resulting in the desired forward motion. At the same time the check engine light, the engine oil light and the battery light lit up on the dash. My steering wheel also hardened abit. At first i though the battery terminal got disconnected , but my headlights, ac and radio were still on. I pulled over to the road side and switched off the engine.

I started it up again and everything seemed perfectly fine and back to normal, so i drove on. 2 minutes later, the same beep came back and my engine lost power again. I pumped the gas pedal twice, and after a slight shudder, the engine power was back and the beeps stopped. After another minute or 2, the beeping started again, the check engine light, the engine oil light and the battery light lit up again and engine lost power and pumping the gas pedal didnt help, so i pulled over. I switched of the engine, started it up again and everything was back to normal once again and i was able to reach home without any other "incidents".

This morning i took the car for a drive to see of the problem was there but nothing, drove perfectly fine without any issue. Now im worried, since this can happen at anytime and i have no idea whats causing it and how i can get it fixed. One of my friends, whose quite good with cars told me it was either the fuel filter being clogged or packets of water in the fuel tank.

Thanks in advance.
w
Old February-25th-2021, 06:44 PM

Shane2787 is an unknown quantity at this point
Did you fix the problem and Can you share how you resolve the issue

[QUOTE=KingSum;422297]Hi Guys

Firstly, it certainly feels good to be part of a forum of Mazda enthusiasts. This is my first post, and if Im posting this in the wrong thread, do forgive me.

Yesterday an issue suddenly cropped up with my 2006 Mazda 3. I was driving home when suddenly, I heard 2 beeps (the same beep you hear when your key is in the ignition and your door is open) and my vehicle suddenly lost engine power. Pressing the gas pedal was not resulting in the desired forward motion. At the same time the Check Engine Light, the Engine Oil Light and the Battery Light lit up on the dash. My steering wheel also hardened abit. At first I though the battery terminal got disconnected , but my headlights, AC and radio were still on. I pulled over to the road side and switched off the engine.

I started it up again and everything seemed perfectly fine and back to normal, so I drove on. 2 minutes later, the same beep came back and my engine lost power again. I pumped the gas pedal twice, and after a slight shudder, the engine power was back and the beeps stopped. After another minute or 2, the beeping started again, the Check Engine Light, the Engine Oil Light and the Battery Light lit up again and engine lost power and pumping the gas pedal didnt help, so I pulled over. I switched of the engine, started it up again and everything was back to normal once again and I was able to reach home without any other "incidents".

This morning I took the car for a drive to see of the problem was there but nothing, Drove perfectly fine without any issue. Now Im worried, since this can happen at anytime and I have no idea whats causing it and how I can get it fixed. One of my friends, whose quite good with cars told me it was either the fuel filter being clogged or packets of water in the fuel tank.

Hi can you advise me how you were able to resolve this problem since I am having the same issues with my Mazda.