Mazda3/Mazdaspeed3 General/Maintenance Discussion of the Mazda3 and MazdaSpeed3

Terrible vibration problem

Search this Thread

Old March-26th-2014, 07:33 PM

mkelly914 is an unknown quantity at this point
Terrible vibration problem

I've had vibration problems with my 2005 Mazda 3i. I have read various forums that said to change the motor mounts. Took it to the shop and got the passenger mount replaced, that's when the real problem began. After that one was replaced is when the major vibration started to happen. Shop then changed my transmission mount, problem still exists. They're clueless and think it could be something in the engine. I've read about the rear mount rarely going bad, but could that be the problem? I can feel the vibration throughout the entire front of my car, mirrors shake and the higher the rpm the louder the vibration/shaking. Also, is there a way of checking if the rear is the culprit without actually taking it off? Any info would be much appreciated, driving with that vibration has become highly annoying
Old March-27th-2014, 12:12 PM
Clean-Up Crew

eggynatey is on a distinguished road

Hope this helps!
Old March-28th-2014, 07:53 AM

keninn is an unknown quantity at this point
^^ NOT a good idea, unless you want MORE vibration. also, dunno about 3's mounts, but other cars have liquid filled mounts, and very few aftermarket mounts are liquid filled. so, if your shop got a non genuine mount from like autozone or oreilly's, it probably isnt liquid filled, and replacing liquid mounts with solid will increase vibration. factory mounts have to meet certain requirements, aftermarket mounts, especially those made in third world countries that have no copyright laws greatly vary in quality control. if the compounds used in the mount are much harder, this again will contribute to increased vibration. liquid mounts do not last long, so if your motor mounts are liquid, they may have collapsed, which will increase vibration.
Old March-29th-2014, 11:04 AM
Clean-Up Crew

eggynatey is on a distinguished road
That rear one is prone to break, increasing vibration. Hence the JBR replacement which is much more durable. Dome some homework on the subject instead of following me around like a weirdo. I don't even have a 3 and I know about that motor mount.

JBR has a great rep. No Chinese junk here.
http://www.jamesbaroneracing.com/shop/

Last edited by eggynatey; May-2nd-2014 at 12:52 AM.
Old April-2nd-2014, 10:16 AM

icspots is on a distinguished road
Yes, if you haven't replaced the rear mount then check to make sure it's good. As noted above most aftermarket mounts are solid (usually polyurethane or some similar material) vs. the oil filled rubber OEM ones, and will cause more vibration. That said an intact solid mount will transfer less vibration than a broken oil filled mount.
Old May-28th-2014, 10:13 AM

chobijo is an unknown quantity at this point
I have same problem was grease on the tripode
Old September-9th-2014, 07:34 AM

Mark Dylan is an unknown quantity at this point
Vibration

I experienced the same in my 2009 Mazda 3 sport. I sent my car to Mazda workshop then they checked the engine mounting. The mechanic found that there is cracked on the right side. When he change it, the vibration gone.