Mazda3/Mazdaspeed3 Engine/Drivetrain Modification Discussions for the Mazda3 and MazdaSpeed3

Mazda 3 2011 Airbag trouble

Old June-4th-2013, 10:19 AM

Diego Ascarrunz is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Mazda 3 2011 Airbag trouble

Hey guys, yesterday i hited a rock very hard, i stopped to look for any damage, but there wasn't until i went back to my sit and looked that the pass airbag light was on, and the red light on the drivers dash was on as well, ahowing apparently a 16 error. Then i went to three different mechanics, and at the scanner showed a b229a error, but they could solve it. How can i rapair this??? Is this too bad???

Last edited by Diego Ascarrunz; June-4th-2013 at 10:22 AM.
Old April-22nd-2014, 03:40 PM

Spikey is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes, there is a problem with the recall. You must all call the National Highway traffic Safety Administration at 1-888-327-4236 and file a complaint to EXPAND the VIN numbers in Mazda recall #2504K or NHTSA recall # 04V559. Mazda won't fix our cars until WE are ALL included in the recall. Email me if you need more info.
Old April-22nd-2014, 06:31 PM

Diego Ascarrunz is an unknown quantity at this point
Aibag problems

Thank you spike for the post, my post is old, however, until the date, im still fighting with the airbag issue, currently im in south america, do you know if there is any chance to do the complain on the internet???
Thanks
Old April-30th-2014, 07:43 PM

Spikey is an unknown quantity at this point
You can go to this link and submit a reply. I think that the NHTSA goes to this site to check on complaints so that they can investigate issues that owners are experiencing. I tried to contact Mazda and they kept telling me there are NO recalls for any issue on the 2005 Mazda3s. I even gave them the VIN # of the vehicles that were listed on the recall report and that Mazda had repaired already and they told me, NO recalls on those VINs!!! So I'm thinking somethings NOT right here. If Mazda doesn't list those VINs from the recall report, then they most definitely wouldn't have OUR VINs listed for repair.

The NHTSA is sending me a copy of my complaint. Think they have 86 other complaints filed for this problem already. I don't know how many more they need in order for them to approach Mazda to expand the VIN # for repair. I hate to think that people need to either die or be seriously injured before Mazda will spend the money to get this fixed.

Hopefully with GM taking the stand to repair their airbag problem, Mazda will do the same.

http://www.aboutautomobile.com/Compl.../MAZDA3/Airbag

If you download the actual recall report, you will see that the two cars already repaired are the 23SP model, which I also own and my own VIN is VERY close to the ones listed. I told the Mazda rep this, but he still insists that only 2 cars were recalled. How is that even possible when they crank out hundreds a day?

Good Luck and I hope we can get our cars fixed!