Exterior/Interior/Audio Discussion for Exterior/Interior Modifications. Sound systems, body kits, etc.

Factory stereo audio aux audio jack

Search this Thread

Old December-26th-2012, 04:06 PM

vlarep is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Factory stereo audio aux audio jack

Hi!! I drive a 2004 Mazda3 and I was thinking about putting my factory stereo back in place but before I want
to add an aux jack to connect my mp3 player. I found this thing in amazon that is pretty cheap but I'm not sure if it works. Some people in the comments said it doesnt work on cars older than 2006 but it didn't explain why.

Here's what I found:
Amazon Amazon
--> click it

My idea was to plug it to the back of the stereo and then plug a female to female conector to it. Then I would drill a hole on the side of the stereo and glue that conector there from the inside making it look like a jack.

The other option is a car kit (http://www.gtacarkits.com/mazda3_2004_2008_car_kit.php) but it's much much more expensive.

Do you guys think it would work?? I don't care if I cant change songs using the stereo/steering wheel controls, I do it from the mp3 player anyway. I just want the audio to work and be able to adjust volume with the steering wheel controls. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by vlarep; December-26th-2012 at 11:16 PM.
Old December-27th-2012, 11:22 PM

ncruz1980 is an unknown quantity at this point
I think you are on to something good! I have the GTA Car Kit on my 2005 SP23 and sure it works great, but it only charges older iPods and I'm an Android guy. I had been searching for a converter for Android phones but it looks like those things are not manufacture. Would love to see your final project.
Old December-27th-2012, 11:30 PM

Btw here is an idea! 3.5mm female panel-mount audio jack. with a bit of engineering you can run the wire to the center console to give it a nice clean look.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...A&cagpspn=pla#
Old December-28th-2012, 12:14 AM

Hey! Thank you for answering. Does your cars stereo have the aux button on it? Mine doesn't. That's what makes me wonder if this wire will work, I mean how do I select the option of getting audio from that port. Thank about that mount link from radioshack, that thing would look much better!

My radio looks exactly like this one: http://www.creativecar-tunes.com/Mazda3RadioFront.JPG

If I go on with this idea and I do it I'll post a picture so you can see it
Old December-28th-2012, 12:22 AM

Your radio looks exactly like mine. I have a Bose system without Nav. Auxiliary for my iPad works in conjunction with the CD changes. When pressed the top screen (LCD above the radio) changes from CD to Aux.
Old December-31st-2012, 02:23 PM

So what you ended up doing? I'm making room in my budget for a Pioneer AppRadio that supports Android phones. But have you admit that your idea keeps on coming back to me. Maybe I should just order the cable and give it a shot myself.
Old December-31st-2012, 07:24 PM

I ordered the wire It should come in the mail on Wednesday!
Old January-2nd-2013, 01:19 PM

icspots is on a distinguished road
Hopefully it works. If not then look into the AuxMod basic or the grom audio simple input.
Old January-2nd-2013, 05:22 PM

It doesn't QQ. I plugged it in but there's no way to make the stereo play the music. I thought that the tape/md button would do it but it does nothing. Wasted 17 bucks QQ
Old January-3rd-2013, 07:24 AM

icspots is on a distinguished road
Did you try pushing CD twice?

Regardless both the AuxMod basic and the grom modules will work. They cost more but do work.
Old February-7th-2013, 08:24 PM

Cangialosi is an unknown quantity at this point
XCAR Link

Hey, i actually just purchased the XCAR Link for my 2004 Mazda3 s. My stereo looks just like your's (the pic. you posted). It was 125$, it was shipped and at my house in 5 days i think, and it works great! I plugged it into one of the open slots in the back of the stereo. All you do is push the CD button twice and it will say "EX" which is your iPod. It will charge your iPod when its plugged in, and you can also control every control through the stereo, the steering wheel, and the Ipod if you wanted too. You can also run an AUX wire out of the box that the iPod wire is running out of, so you can plug in any MP3 device. There is also an option for blue-tooth. In between songs there is slight white noise, you can't really hear it. But once the song starts it goes away and its perfect quality.

Hope this helps.
Old April-12th-2014, 12:10 PM

stodrake is an unknown quantity at this point
did same thing

yeah so i did the same thing, pluged one of those adapters in thinking i could push a button and have it read my ipod but nahh seems the buttons on my stereo are useless

did u end up figuring it out, i think ill buy this aux mod chip from sylfex cuz its only 60$ compared to the GTA ipod and all the others (xcarlink etc) but their website looks sketchy, and wondering if it will make the tape/md button work

anybody know?