Mazda3/Mazdaspeed3 General/Maintenance Discussion of the Mazda3 and MazdaSpeed3

2006 Mazda 3 5 Door: AT Warning Light on: Check Engine Light on

Search this Thread

Old August-25th-2012, 09:49 AM

jonathandoulos is an unknown quantity at this point
I fix it!!!

Originally Posted by David2006Mazda3
I just spoke with the service manager at the Mazda dealership where I bought the car. He has checked the car but does not, as yet, know what is causing the AT warning light and Check Engine light to come on or the erratic shifting.

I'll call again tomorrow afternoon to see if they have made any progress, and post the results here.

-- Dave
My mazda 3 2006 MS start doing the same thing. It was the Transmission control modulem TCM 2 months later my car still run like a baby.
Old July-21st-2014, 06:26 PM

Eric Tan is an unknown quantity at this point
Would like to share my experience here. I had the exact same prob with my Mazda 2 SP (2006) gear box. AT and CEL turns on while driving and will shift from gear 4 to 3. Went to several workshops and all suggest either to change a recon gear box or to do a gear box overhaul. , which cost ~SGD$2500. However whenever they do a scan for error code, it points to 'Turbine Speed Sensor Circuit Fault'. I called Mazda to ask about this turbine speed sensor and they informed that it actually not a major issue. Got one of the workshop to have it replaced (did not go to Mazda as they need to do a diagnostic which cost SGD$190 before they do any replacement). Have to say that it is really simple to replace, the speed sensor is just located to the right side of the gearbox near to the battery. Just removed the battery and will be able to reach it from the side. There is a connector and bolt that u need to lossen before u can remove it (google it and u will be able to find out more about removing, that is if you plan to remove it yourself). End of the day it cost me SGD$180 include labour. Word of advice is most of the workshop will tell you that the speed sensor is located IN the gear box and require an overhaul to have it replace, or that some lost of pressure is causing the error, please don't be tricked by them, they are just trying to ripped you off your cash. So far my car is running fine with no more error.
Old August-30th-2014, 06:01 AM

brownskinboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Eric Tan
Would like to share my experience here. I had the exact same prob with my Mazda 2 SP (2006) gear box. AT and CEL turns on while driving and will shift from gear 4 to 3. Went to several workshops and all suggest either to change a recon gear box or to do a gear box overhaul. , which cost ~SGD$2500. However whenever they do a scan for error code, it points to 'Turbine Speed Sensor Circuit Fault'. I called Mazda to ask about this turbine speed sensor and they informed that it actually not a major issue. Got one of the workshop to have it replaced (did not go to Mazda as they need to do a diagnostic which cost SGD$190 before they do any replacement). Have to say that it is really simple to replace, the speed sensor is just located to the right side of the gearbox near to the battery. Just removed the battery and will be able to reach it from the side. There is a connector and bolt that u need to lossen before u can remove it (google it and u will be able to find out more about removing, that is if you plan to remove it yourself). End of the day it cost me SGD$180 include labour. Word of advice is most of the workshop will tell you that the speed sensor is located IN the gear box and require an overhaul to have it replace, or that some lost of pressure is causing the error, please don't be tricked by them, they are just trying to ripped you off your cash. So far my car is running fine with no more error.
Hi Eric, my Mazda5 is having similar problem as well. Do u mind sharing with me which workshop in Singapore did u went to replace the Turbine Speed Sensor? Thank you.
Old December-17th-2014, 01:26 AM

hassanov is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks Dave for your post and I need more good posts by you.