Mazda3/Mazdaspeed3 General/Maintenance Discussion of the Mazda3 and MazdaSpeed3

CD player trouble

Search this Thread

Old June-23rd-2009, 10:22 AM

johnnyutah is an unknown quantity at this point
CD player trouble

2004 mazda 3 owner

Im trying to figure out why my cd player will not function anymore. It is a 6 disc player, cant be a fuse , the radio works to spec.... any suggestions, dealer told me to got to an aftermarket retailer.
Old June-25th-2009, 08:43 AM

JJ3810 is an unknown quantity at this point
If the CD player loads the disc but does not read the disc then the focusing lens may just be dirty (dust) or fogged (cigarette smoke). This can be cleaned CAREFULLY so as not to disturb the focus position.
Old July-5th-2009, 09:33 PM

johnnyutah is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok, this makes sense, but what if I can't eject any of the cd's in the player to clean the lens? I guess I'm trying to find a money-less approach to fixing my cd player. Times are hard! haha!
Old July-22nd-2009, 01:56 PM

mere*mazda3 is an unknown quantity at this point
I had some cd player trouble last Spring - I could hear the cd motor running but the player wouldn't read, load, or eject any cds. I thought that maybe the cd's label caught and took it to a stereo shop where they told me they'd just have to take the whole thing out and send it in to an off-site store because no one in my area worked with the Bose system. It was going to cost about $400...
I didn't have an extra $400 laying around, no surprise, and had a friend come over. We took the cd player out of the dash and were able to flip it upside down and pull the cd that was stuck out. I replaced the player and took my car to the dealer. The service guy told me that they'd had a few problems with cd players and that because mine was still under warranty they'd replace it for free. So I'd check with your dealer to see what they can do.
Old August-11th-2009, 06:07 PM

djkrugger is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm an electronic tech and my job is to repair car audio, the mazda multi cd players are manufactured by Panasonic, it's a very complicated mechanism and trying to remove the cds surely will destroy the mech. beyond repair, I'd suggest you to take it to a service center if your car is out of warranty. for an idea of how much a repair could cost check: www.carstereohelp.com
Old August-16th-2009, 09:51 AM

djs2571 is on a distinguished road
radio diagnostic buttons - power+AM+clock or power+clock+sat
tried this on mine and didn't seem to do anything, maybe cause I have no errors.

with the ignition on.
Button comfirmation mode - may be that your load button died... press power+clock for over 1 sec. each button should beep when pressed. On mine, most buttons beeped and had no function, but the load button not only beeped but tried to load a disk too.

Some other buttons -
display all LCD segments = power+seek
speaker diagnostics = power+auto-m button (left **** / text)
firmware version readout = audio cont+1