Mazda3Club.com : The Original Mazda3 Forum

Mazda3Club.com : The Original Mazda3 Forum (https://www.mazda3club.com/)
-   Mazda3/Mazdaspeed3 (https://www.mazda3club.com/mazda3-mazdaspeed3-99/)
-   -   Vibration when stopped... (https://www.mazda3club.com/mazda3-mazdaspeed3-99/vibration-when-stopped-56174/)

Blacksilk December-3rd-2011 09:46 PM

Vibration when stopped...

I recently purchased a 2012 mazda3 HB s touring and have noticed when stopped at a light or in traffic, the car seems to vibrate. It is an automatic and was wondering if this is just a characteristic of the Mazda 3 or if something is amiss?

Anyone else experience this vibration? It is almost like the car is idling rough -- but doesn't seem to vibrate when in park position.

Thanks in advance for the feedback! :D

deadeyedevon December-14th-2011 02:11 PM

does the vibration occur when youe depress the brake or just when slowing to a stop? it would seem very unlikley for a car that new having a problem with warped rotors

Blacksilk December-14th-2011 10:01 PM

I notice the vibration after I come to a stop while waiting for a light to change. It does not happen while braking.

deadeyedevon December-15th-2011 07:00 AM

do you have the skyactiv 2.0?

rangermutt December-15th-2011 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by deadeyedevon (Post 416637)
do you have the skyactiv 2.0?

At present the SkyActiv is not available in the s Touring so he must have the 2.5 L.

deadeyedevon December-15th-2011 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by rangermutt (Post 416642)
At present the SkyActiv is not available in the s Touring so he must have the 2.5 L.

good call, i missed the touring part

djs2571 December-15th-2011 11:40 AM

Think you just have a typical 4 cylinder...

Blacksilk December-15th-2011 11:44 AM

Correct. No skyactiv, it's the 2.5L. The more I drive it, the more I'm thinking its probably a normal vibration for this model. I may ask the dealer about it when I get my first oil change. I really LOVE this car! I still can't believe the way it handles. I had no idea Mazda's drove like this!

deadeyedevon December-15th-2011 12:17 PM

i know road noise and vibration is typical on rough surfaces but at a stop? mine sits so smooth when im stopped i wonder if its still running

Blacksilk December-15th-2011 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by deadeyedevon (Post 416655)
i know road noise and vibration is typical on rough surfaces but at a stop? mine sits so smooth when im stopped i wonder if its still running

Really? What model/year do you drive? Maybe I do need an adjustment of some kind...:Wconfused

deadeyedevon December-16th-2011 08:52 AM

I have a 2010 HB 2.5, maybe what your experiencing is part of the break in period??? Either way if its new I personally would have it back to the dealership

ryanmetcalf January-23rd-2012 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Blacksilk (Post 416559)
I recently purchased a 2012 mazda3 HB s touring and have noticed when stopped at a light or in traffic, the car seems to vibrate. It is an automatic and was wondering if this is just a characteristic of the Mazda 3 or if something is amiss?

Anyone else experience this vibration? It is almost like the car is idling rough -- but doesn't seem to vibrate when in park position.

Thanks in advance for the feedback! :D

My 2004 2.3L vibrates at idle when in drive, but when in Park or Neutral it's fine, it's just when in drive and at a stand still that it vibrates slightly.

Noticed you said yours also is fine in Park, does it vibrate when in Neutral?

Blacksilk January-23rd-2012 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by ryanmetcalf (Post 416998)
My 2004 2.3L vibrates at idle when in drive, but when in Park or Neutral it's fine, it's just when in drive and at a stand still that it vibrates slightly.

Noticed you said yours also is fine in Park, does it vibrate when in Neutral?

I do believe the vibration is a normal characteristic of the car. Like yours, mine vibrates at idle when in drive, but not at other times. Lovin' the car! Zoom Zoom :dubs:

devesh_2003 January-5th-2013 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Blacksilk (Post 417001)
I do believe the vibration is a normal characteristic of the car. Like yours, mine vibrates at idle when in drive, but not at other times. Lovin' the car! Zoom Zoom :dubs:

Hello Blacksilk, Did you you anything to get rid of vibration. I am also experiencing similar issue and wanted to know if something can be done. Mine is 2012 Mazda 3 i Touring.

Thanks

Blacksilk January-5th-2013 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by devesh_2003 (Post 420284)
Hello Blacksilk, Did you you anything to get rid of vibration. I am also experiencing similar issue and wanted to know if something can be done. Mine is 2012 Mazda 3 i Touring.

Thanks

I eventually became numb to the vibration, and learned to live with it. I really believe it is a characteristic of the model. More ZZooooooom ZZZoooooom to experience, I guess? :cookoo:

I had the 2.5L engine, a little buzzy at times, but did not disappoint. The sky technology is a whole different experience I understand.